My dear 2015

Here we are in 2016.
There is no doubt so I must accept and look back.
In 2015 I published the last paper from the PhD thesis, settle down in Lisbon in a new home near by the sea, swam in the other side of the Atlantic; dived in a tropical reef for the first time and saw turtles and a shark (whatever...I still struggle to look cool underwater); went hiking a few days with friends in Gerês; enjoyed the summer in Portugal with friends (I missed the Portuguese late hot summer evenings!); I was offered the best bike I ever had (and for the first time in first hand); I went to Norway and dived in clear water between laminaria, monkfish, scallops and vikings (tough people that are afraid of eating proper fish); work was under control (maybe too much for my expectations); felt again at home in Göteborg (I wish I could live in two places at the same time); running and practice yoga was almost a routine (it is always good to have space to improve :D); had tried freediving; had spent as much time as possible and "not possible" with friends; had lunch most of the days taking the sun and watching the beauty of Lisbon from the top of the hill.
I made new friends and I met new human beings that come to the world but I was also sad about the loved ones who disappeared forever.
Looking back nothing really especially had happened but I feel happier as never.
I keep loving and being loved.
And I feel much lucky about sharing my life with you.


But the stars twinkle above our heads, the sun shines, the grass grows and the earth, yes, the earth, it swallows all life and eradicates all vestige of it, spews out new life in a cascade of limbs and eyes, leaves and nails, hair and tails, cheeks and fur and guts, and swallows it up again.
And what we never really comprehend, or don't want to comprehend, is that this happens outside us, that we ourselves have no part in it, that we are only that which grows and dies, as blind as the waves in the sea are blind. 

Karl Ove Knausgård in "My Struggle: Book 2 - A Man in Love" (my favourite book of 2015).