Decluttering

deciding what is essential in our lives isn’t about paring back our belongings and forgoing our beloved but unnecessary frivolities: instead of determining how little we can live with, it’s about working out what we cannot live without.

I learned a new word in English: declutter.
it means remove unnecessary items from (an untidy or overcrowded place).
every time that someone gives me something nowadays, first I stop to think if I really need that thing or not, and sometimes I say thank you but I do not want it.
a friend of mine once could not understand why I could not accept a small gift, a cup, from her family.
some people might think that it is also rude to say no.
but I had moved home recently once again and after so many moves (in the last 4 years I lived in 6 different places and in 2 different countries), I think about everything I have at home since soon or later I will need to carry it.
also as much things I have, as much space I will need for those things.
off course, it is difficult to throw things away but someone might be very happy with those things that we do not need.
actually more and more I'm very happy about buying second hand stuff because it is cheaper and sometimes the quality is even better than new.
the Marie Kondo book became famous in teaching how to tydning up home determining which items in your house give a “spark joy” or not.
the interesting thing in all this is to learn how to live simple.
others do it and have a meaningful life as for example a zero waste home or a minimalist style.
in the end it feels that decluttering home, will declutter life from trivialities, fears and anxiety.