Manifesto for Atheists - Ten Virtues for the Modern Age

6. Humour. Seeing the funny sides of situations and of oneself doesn't sound very serious, but it is integral to wisdom, because it's a sign that one is able to put a benevolent finger on the gap between what we want to happen and what life can actually provide; what we dream of being and what we actually are, what we hope other people will be like and what they are actually like. Like anger, humour springs from disappointment, but it's disappointment optimally channelled. It's one of the best things we can do with our sadness. 

Laugh about stupid ideas in stupid moments about stupid things.
It is the best one can do.
Sometime people ask me if I am a sad person because I work with the environment, which has always big problems and difficult solutions.
I'm not.
I feel the opposite.
Each small thing I can do, even if it is very small, to improve the fact that we are millions living in a only one tiny planet, makes me feel happy.
I believe in what I'm doing and I guess it is possible to finish a PhD.
Maybe I need confidence.
That is for sure.