Love food




I also love food!
Sometimes I think I would be happier if I could be a cooker.
Maybe because I need to give something to others.
Or either just because I like to have people around.
I like the point that food is connected with the environment.
It is a challenge to cook what nature give to us.
All these connections start to make sense to me when I first tried to grow my own vegetables.
It was some years ago in Algarve.
And that experience was the source of these PhD project idea.
One can have vegetables in the garden, but fish, they are under the water, in the sea.
We do not see them.


Her blog is beautiful.
It is an example how a blog can turn out to be a life project.
A good point about eating animals:
A lot of people want to know “what I am” – vegetarian, vegan, raw foodist, fruitarian, macrobiotic…guess what? I am a person who eats! 
My food philosophy is this: I hate labels. They stink. 
They force a person to define themselves with very rigid terms, and beat themselves up if they suddenly eat something that doesn’t fit that definition. 
I know I never want to have to label what “kind” of diet I subscribe to. 
Being dogmatic about anything, for me, just doesn’t work. 
Being flexible does. 
I eat almost entirely organic food. 
My diet consists mainly (like, 99%) of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, lentils, nuts, and seeds. 
I probably eat an egg once every couple weeks if the mood strikes me, and sometimes I will enjoy some goat or sheep dairy in very small amounts. 
You’ll even catch me nibbling on a freshly caught fish once or twice a year at our summerhouse (if I know where it came from, who caught it, and that it was killed humanely, I’m game. 
Why not? There is nothing like a fish straight out of the ocean!) 

Thanks J.
You are always "cooking" my life :)