God fish

I usually talk about cod with other people when I speak about my work, both in Portugal and in Sweden.
Even very far way, and with different cultural habits, in both places cod is the most appreciated fish.
Now days there is a new fact for the discussion "should we eat or not cod?": cod stock from Norway is in the best shape than ever.
And it is MSC certified.
Are consumers aware about that?
I'm not sure.
Especially in Portugal, where most of the people do not even know about the cod collapse.
A Swedish blogger went to an event about fish from Norway in this restaurant, that sells fresh fish, and he have made his decision:

To track the sustainability of the fish sold, they give information about the country on the menu.
But during the event, they found out also that there is fish from the WWF red list there.

It is very difficult to find a solution.
I do not know what to decide myself.
My advice is: 
1st. reduce the fish consumption; 
2nd. go for species not so popular, usually they do not have stock problems;
3rd. prefer species from lower levels on the marine food web.

Even though it is always better to eat fish instead of meat.
Or do not eat animals at all!