I have found them

Some people have told me that when they were abroad Portugal, living for some time in other countries, they loved to buy sardines.
I have found them!
Sardines, here up in the North!
In my daily supermarket. Now I feel at home...good fish, from the sea and made in Portugal.
It has also the MSC certification.

I was curious when I saw that almost 45% (data from 2009) of the total landed sardine in Portugal goes to process for can or frozen.
And from that, the frozen sardines part represents around 20% (3467 ton). But almost all frozen sardines go to exportation (3190 ton).
Probably just because Portuguese people around the world miss sardines!
Since they can't afford to have them fresh, frozen could be the more similar way to eat them.
This strange Portuguese feeling of Saudade, never let us go:

Saudade is a unique Portuguese word that has no immediate translation in English.